Full-Time Product Manager – ETO ( Grinding, BMH, Pyro, Process Equipment and Re – cycling
|Report to:||GM – SBL HUB ( West Africa )|
Develops and maintains customer relationships, understanding the customer’s equipment and key drivers in the decision making process.Controls, plans, organizes and supports the selling of technically complex products and services that require some engineering or re-engineering, using specialized knowledge of the equipment.
Updates customers on delivery schedules, and follows up with the customer post order delivery to assess and ensure complete customer satisfaction.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishment and control of new and existing ETO Business
- Control departmental cost budgets
- Tender involvement and decision making
- Direct sales and marketing of the products according to agreed sales and marketing plans
- Develop and maintain customer relationships.
- Provide technical support and service internally and externally on mining equipment applications to the satisfaction of the customer
- Expand into and secure business for products in the African market
- Initiate and Develop new business opportunities
- Able to package “Process Solutions” to improve the share of business in projects
- Support the efforts of the Sales Team
- Travel extensively in West Africa
- Budgets and forecasting
- Liaise with our foreign hub, the product centers and the manufacturing entities to ensure customer satisfaction
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL INTERFACES
- Work together with the ETO management team, and the product center managers.
- Local management and the management of the ETO for SAF region.
- Team Work between all Company Sales & Service Teams.
- Our local manufacturing entities.
- Product Lines technical support people
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- ND/Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Extractive Metallurgy
- Previous experience as a Service Engineer, maintenance engineer or senior technician in the mining industry would be an added advantage
- Work experience in a Technical Sales environment
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Good market knowledge
- Good technical and sales background of various mining equipment especially Grinding Mills and Apron Feeders
- An existing customer network would be beneficial
- Computer literacy is essential
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Technical Background (Understand & read technical Dwg’s.)
- Mining sales background with customer relations.
- Admin. – quote registers ; sales forecasting ; sales budgets etc.,
- Communicator – Handle customer needs & customer complaints.
- Handle stress in breakdown situations.
- Plan & use own initiative.
- Follow – up on quotes, as well as pursue back orders & lead times.
- Diplomatic in negotiation skills.
- Willingness / Ability to travel.
910 total views, 1 today